CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Baking Project 3 : Chocolate Chip Cookies.

Last weekend, I made the chocolate chip cookies...again! And this time I eliminate the walnut from the recipe because it taste not so good. I want to substitute it with hazelnut but can't find it at Giant and local bakery store.

I got the recipe from a website (which I forgot the web address) and it makes around 3 dozens ++ as I make extra large cookies just to save baking time. Hehe. I make some adjustments to the method of cooking cause if I follow the original one the results are either burnt or stick to the pan. And this happened to the first time baking them. the cookies stuck to the pan even I'd greased them and end up using butter knife to srap them off the pan. And little sis like it so much that she took a plastic bag and stuffed all the crumbs into it...all for herself.

Anyway, you guys should try to do it too cause IT IS VERY VERY NICE AND TASTY AND EASY TO BAKE! Here's the recipe (modified one) :

Chocolate Chip Cookies.

Ingredients
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour (a.k.a superfine flour)
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons hot water
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (Hershey's - can get from Giant RM15/packet)
1 cup chopped hazelnut (optional)

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (200 degrees C).

2. Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts. Drop by large spoonfuls onto aluminium foils.

3. Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.

Right after you took it from the oven, you need to cooled it on the rack first cause it's really soft. But I scrap it with a butter knife and put it in large plate cause I only have one pan (in which I put aluminium foil on it).

Hand beat the mixture.

Close up of the mixture.

Drops of mixture.

The first time chocolate chip cookies.

And my cookies are all gone within 2 days and I only got to eat 2 of them. And I was thinking if I made it for sale would anyone want to buy?

No comments: