CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 12, 2010

Facts About Left-handedness.


Read some facts of left handedness (I'm left handed) from a few sites and some of it quite true!

Fact #1 : Most left-handers draw figures facing to the right.
This is so true. Most of the time I draw pictures such as animals and they faced right side!


Fact #2 : Stuttering and dyslexia occur more often in left-handers (particularly if they are forced to change their writing hand as a child).
I had minor stuttering problem until the age of 17 and particularly serious when I was required to talk in public.
I had minor dyslexia (slow in learning new words, letter reversing) during my kindergarten times and it diminish at the age of 7.

Fact #3 : Left-handers are generally more intelligent, better looking, imaginative and multi-talented than right hander.
No comment on this but I'm highly imaginative. Hehe.

Fact #4 : Left-handers more likely than right handers to be creative geniuses.
I agree to this as I'm more on the creative side. I sucks at Maths and Science.

Fact #5: Left-handers are high achievers because their brains are structured differently in a way that widens their range of abilities.
Great! :D

Fact #6 : Left-handed people have an excellent ability to multi-task.
No wonder I can multi-task so easily. Watch movie, do assignment, eat and talk at the same time. Hehe...

Fact #7: Half of left handed people use a computer mouse with their right hand.
I'm one! Do they sell mouse for left handers?

Fact #8 : If both parents are left handed, 50% of their offspring will be left handed. 2 Righties only have 2% chance of having a leftie.
Both my parents are right handed and they had 3 out of 5 of their offsprings left handed! Oh, my paternal grandma is a leftie!

Fact #9 : There are twice as many left handed boys than girls.
Really?!

Fact #10 : It is easier for a left hander to try "mirror writing" then a right hander.
Tried it just now and it was easy.

Fact #11 : A left hander is less likely to be able to roll their tongue than a right-handed person.
I can roll my tongue! Yay!

Fact #12 : On a left-handed person, the nails tend to grow faster on the left hand than on the right hand.
Don't really see the difference.

Fact #13 : Some long words that use only the left hand are desegregates, reverberated, watercress, aftereffects, sweaterdresses.
Oooo...

Fact #14 : Some of the wealthiest people are left handed (i.e. Bill Gates and Oprah Winfrey).
Great!

Fact #15 : Lefties have a tactical advantage in one-on-one competition.
Yeah! That's true cause people often assume everyone is right handed.

And for your information, there's a special day dedicate to all left handers in the world that is known as the Left-Handers' Day which is celebrated on every year's August 13th!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wohooo..
me n my bf r left handed too..

cozyntanblogspot.com said...

i'm left handed too :)

Anonymous said...

I am left handed too:-) I m so proud to be lefty