CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Food Post: Fish Head Noodle Reviews (4-in-1)

This is a 4-in-1 fish head noodle review. I'm not really a fan of fish head noodle but it just struck me to try the noodle and make comparison of which shop serves the best one.


Kaki Bola XO Fish Head Noodle, Paramount Garden, PJ

Up to now, I still favour the one at Kaki Bola XO Fish Head Noodle at Paramount Garden, PJ.

Fish Paste Noodle
Went for this with Fiona. Fiona is a Sarawakian and she has very good taste bud. Eventually, she said it's very hard to get "coarse" mee hoon in KL and apparently this restaurant serves that besides the regular mee hoon we had.

Soup is fragrant and the mee hoon just perfectly cooked. I choose to have fish paste noodle due to laziness. Their regular portion is actually very large and the have large on the menu also. I have no idea how is the large though.

Address: 
No. 23, Jalan 20/14, Paramount Garden, 46100 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.

Home Made Fish Head Noodle, Mid Valley City

This is just so so. Nothing to rave about. Went for this after work with Amelia. 

Fish Paste Noodle (Photo from my Instagr.am)
Bad mee hoon texture. It's not soft enough. The soup ain't fragrant enough. Not recommended.

Address:
G(E)-015, Ground Floor, Mid Valley City, Lingkaran Syed Putra, 59200 Kuala Lumpur.


Win Soon Fish Head Noodles, Kuchai Lama, KL


Apparently this restaurant is very popular. Went for this with Chris the other day. Since it's popular, I suppose the food are awesome. But...major letdown! Worst fish head noodle ever! Seriously! Both of us don't even finish our food. :(

On the side note, I think they added much MSG cause I feel so thirsty after that. Will not go to eat at there anymore.

Photo from Google.com
Address:
No.46, Jalan Kuchai Lama Maju 9, Off Jalan Kuchai Lama, Kuala Lumpur.



Woo Pin Fish Head Noodle, Taman Danau Desa, KL

Went for this tonight with uni mate, Waiz. This restaurant is also famous for its fish head noodle. It actually tasted good but somehow I still prefer the one from Kaki Bola.

Will recommend this also. Portion is actually quite huge. Somehow, the fish paste tasted a little salty to me.

Fish Paste Noodle (Photo from my Instagr.am)
Address:
Jalan 1/109F, Taman Danau Desa, Kuala Lumpur.

1 comment:

Nava Krishnan said...

My choice will be the one in Paramount. During my stay in this area, I use to frequent and eat the noodle so often.