CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 15, 2012

Review: Sg. Nibong Char Kuey Teow @ Teluk Intan, Perak.

I just fulfill my crave for char kuey teow and it's from the stall nearby my home. Every Teluk Intan people would know which ckt stall I'm referring to. It's the famous Sg. Nibong ckt. <3

As far as I can remember, the stall existed since I'm still a kid. And it's still that famous till now. Tonight, I went there at 9.30 p.m. and Aunty Ah Hwa said tonight many people so you need to wait 1 hour. And so I placed my order and went back home (it's just 100 meters away) to bath.

My CKT in the making :)

On normal days, expect to wait for 20 - 30 minutes for this yummy. In fact, I found that Penang ckt is not as nice as this one. Penang people, please prove me wrong k? 

Talking about Penang ckt, Penang's version has prawns and the price is double of Sg. Nibong ckt. But Sg. Nibong ckt do not have prawns. To me, prawns are just sides that aren't that important. The most important are the "wok hei" and taste. For your information, you can request to add "chilli boh" for that extra kick (which I love!). Add on extra fried lards too! Yum!

The yum!
The price now is RM3.00 per packet. Pretty fair price in comparison to Penang's ckt. The stall opens at 8.00 p.m. till 12.00 a.m. You can opt to sit there and eat (do order a glass of herbal tea to go with your ckt) or take away. I prefer take away as there are pretty much mosquitoes and mosquitoes love me :(




No comments: