CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Respect.

"That you may retain your self-respect, it is better to displease the people by doing what you know is right, than to temporarily please them by doing what you know is wrong."

- William J. H. Boetcker.


Get to know something that really upset me just now. I just wondering, ain't you suppose to go forward to things that you think is correct to carry out rather than agreeing to something you do not agree?

Many question running through my mind. I admit I've different philosophy regarding values. I had more westernized thinking than traditional Chinese thinking. Reason being - I trust what I trust.

For example, I had the same ideology with the above quote. I have few friends, and an army of enemies. I believe in life, it's rare that you can please everyone around you. If you attempt to do it, it's YOU who suffer at the end.

It's just a random post. I know I shouldn't be upset. Anyway, everyone had their thoughts. Just wish them good luck in their beliefs.


No comments: